$*%)…#%&@)()(*%#^…Just imagine me calling my bathroom scale this morning everything under the sun BUT a child of God. I was furious. I weighed in yesterday at 179lbs but this morning the scale wanted to change it’s mind like my daughters change clothes! First, it read 179lbs, then it went to 180lbs, then to 182lbs, then to 181lbs, then back to 180lbs. In my fit of rage and feelings of failure, I decided to stay with 180lbs since that number blinked twice. UGH! Then I got to thinking that with all the rain I wasn’t able to walk like I normally do so my husband got me a second-hand treadmill.
Now that I’ve talked myself out of quitting…here’s the game plan for the next week. I didn’t eat all my points like I have been doing and will make double sure that I eat all if not most of my points. I will also try and keep a balance of good quality fats and not complete junk (that Snickers was SO good). Try to get all my activity points and not check the scale daily. Oh, I also slacked on drinking more water than coffee and soda. I just don’t like the taste of it EVEN with flavor enhancers. With fall right around the corner, I’m going to try and be more creative with my coffee drinks as Starbuck’s contain astronomical points for the seasonal drinks. I want to be better prepared.
With that here are two recipes that I’m so glad that I indulged in:
Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- 1 Tablespoon of pureed pumpkin (here I used Libby’s brand and any more than the measurement you’ll get bits at the bottom…I don’t like the pulp texture so I stick with what I listed)
- 1/2 cup Premier Protein Vanilla shake (this was used because I wanted to get my protein in but use any low/ nonfat/plain almond types of milk)
- 1 Tablespoon Stevia (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- Pumpkin Spice (for garnish)
- Strong Coffee (amount is up to you but I used ‘travel size mug’ option on my coffee pot)
Brew a really strong coffee for full latte effect. I take my coffee to work in a travel coffee mug so mine is double the regular coffee size. While that’s a brewing-warm your milk of choice, sugar substitute and pumpkin on stove whisking to froth a bit. When hot, but not burn your tastebuds hot, add to coffee and dust with pumpkin pie seasoning. This will do for the pumpkin pie latte fix that is needed and it all came out to only 2 freestyle points.
Now with cooler weather heading my way-I wanted to try something new that would satisfy my ‘need home-cooking’ craving (I would kill for a pot of buttery garlic mashed taters!). But this works:
Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
- 1lb of 96%/4%fat lean ground beef
- 2 16z cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 3 Cloves garlic-chopped
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken
- 2 medium bell peppers diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
Easiest thing ever…chop and drop veggies, add meat mix thoroughly, open cans of tomatoes and pour in along with the chicken broth. Simmer until meat is done. Serving size is 1.5 cups and will serve 5 people. This was also a 2 Freestyle point per serving meal. You can eat with rice (adding points) or with toast or crackers.