This is a challenge created by Rory and nominated by Kristian. Both brilliant bloggers. Kristian knew this was right up my alley. Thank you for letting me shine my nerdy scare light bright. I’m going to thoroughly enjoy this fun little questionnaire on this stormy evening. I’m a horror genre fanatic. Both excitement and fear felt at the same moment something is happening. Then there are things that shake me to the core that are real and have even experienced in person. But this will be a little fun exercise.
- Thank the nominator
- Answer Q1-19
- Nominate three bloggers and notify them
- Each selected blogger must answer 16 of the 19 questions AND insert three new questions to make the 19. [hint, delete three questions you don’t like or have an answer for and replace those]
- Q14 and Q20 Must remain intact.
- Which horror movie monster do you think is the deadliest?
When I think monster I think of MONSTERS. Not the serial killer or the villain. With that being said I think Pyramid Head from Silent Hill.
- Which serial killer do you find the most fascinating?
She was called Lady Bluebeard but her name was Belle Gunness. Then there is Jack the Ripper and H.H. Holmes (which some believe are the same person).
- Would you rather know the date of your death or the cause of your death?
I would much rather know the cause. If I get a definitive date I would either be too reckless or do everything possible to live past that date. I would like to enjoy living instead of worrying about my expiration date.
- Who were you most afraid of as a child?
I think I was most afraid of the witch in the window. I remember when I was a young girl, it was a time of a modern day witch hunt. It was when people believed that devil worshipers needed blonde-haired, blue-eyed children for the sacrifices. For months I made sure that my curtains were drawn tight so they couldn’t peer in and then take me.
- Would you ever stay the night in an abandoned house that everyone claims is haunted
Yes, I actually have – a couple of times.
- Have you ever tried to contact a spirit with an Ouija Board?
NO! I refuse to touch one of those boards or my grandmother would come back from the grave and whoop me good. The horror stories that she told me would rival any Ouija board movie.
- What’s the scariest moment you’ve experienced on Halloween?
Years ago when I was a preteen, I was trick or treating with friends and we would go for hours all around town except Reel Rd. The story: A little girl was trick or treating when she stopped at a house that was actually owned by a demon disguised as a motherly figure. She lured the little girl into the house. ‘Horrific’ things were being done to the little girl when she escaped and she started to run down Reel Rd. Just as she seen a car to flag down for help the demon snatched her out of sight, killing her then drug her soul to hell. The legend (or a story I was told so I didn’t wander too far) is that if we go down that road the little girl can be seen running. If you make eye contact with her you would see that it was the demon and it would take you to hell. Well, my friends and I went down Reel road. A whoosh of air went past me and when I turned around it was a little girl but her eyes were red.
- Have you ever seen a ghost?
- Do you Believe in Curses?
- What is your favorite superstition?
Friday the 13th silly…The date is supposed to be cursed or unlucky.
- What is the creepiest book you have ever read?
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, I still need to finish the book.
- What is the scariest music you have ever heard [provide link]
I’m no stranger to folk music. My grandmother would sing the most beautifully haunting songs. This was a draw between two songs that she would sing and in the end, I flipped a coin. The lyrics get me every time. Wind and Rain
- Do you believe in life after death?
- Which 3 questions will you be deleting to add your own in?
7, 9, 16,
- Do you believe in psychic ability?
This is a difficult one to answer. I believe there is an ability to a point. Not the magical movie kind but more of a gut instinct.
- Do you believe in the chain letter myth? Have you ever received one?
First, I completely disobeyed my superstitious grandmother with this one. This woman would inspect every piece of mail before even bringing it in the house. If she didn’t know the sender or it was unmarked it would never make it past the threshold because of the whole chain letter superstition. I only received one when I was in school. I threw it away and I’m here today.
- Which type of movie monster is your favorite?
Critters, hands down. I would laugh so hard at those cute little boogers.
- What’s your biggest fear?
Hmm…I have quite a few but I would have to say, right now, being kidnapped (had a nightmare that woke me up-no like my flashbacks but still unpleasant.
- If you found yourself in a horror movie, would you be one of the first to die or the survivor?I don’t think I would be the first to die but I wouldn’t be the survivor. I’m more like the 4th character in the movie that was killed for being a sarcastic, brutally honest, female equivalent of Hershel from the Walking Dead.
- The three bloggers you are nominating are?
The Ministry of Shrawley Walks
Have fun with this one guys.