EEK, super excited to be catching up on my awards. Unfortunately, there were some for the Sunshine Blogger Award and the Mystery Blogger award with links that didn’t work so I couldn’t answer the questions or nominate. I was nominated by StuHN. The serial piece that is being written for the #AtoZ Blogging challenge is brilliant! Please head on over and read his work. You will not be disappointed. So, on with the show.
RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD 2018
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award logo.
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger sets for you.
3. Nominate blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let your nominees know about their nomination!
My Questions to answer:
- If you could write in any writers voice besides your own, whose would it be?
Hmm…any writers voice? I would have to choose that from the point of view of the character. Dialogue is not my strong suit and I’m trying and failing it seems.
- What literary genre holds NO interest for you?
Non-fiction Religious-I’ve been raised in the bible belt. I’ve heard and lived enough for a lifetime. I’m more spiritual in the ways that my grandmother taught me.
- What song with a strong narrative still touches you?
Praying by Kesha. I got emotional the first time I heard it and still get choked up. This speaks to me in more ways than one (thank you for this question).
- What fictional character do you wish you were?
Chesire Cat- That clever feline is able to adapt to any situation for survival.
- Savory or Sweet?
Both? OK, not fair umm savory. I enjoy sweet but put some seasoned pecans in front of me and there won’t be any left for anyone else.
- What are “The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of?”
Dreams are made of determination, gumption, and humility. All of those are needed to reach your goals.
- You stumble upon a magic rock. Picking it up, you discover something underneath. What is it?
The answer to all my family’s secrets. Every answer ever wanted that they took to the grave with them. Their history and past is also mine.
- Have you had an inexplicable experience? What was it?
I guess some of my stories start with a scene that I see in my mind’s eye. Then my hands can’t stop writing the story behind a scene I have never seen before.
- What fiction book would you recommend to me?
I think it would have to be Cinder. Yes, it’s a young adult fiction but the take on an old fairy-tale I thoroughly enjoyed.
- What movie or TV show do you love but hate to admit it?
Love but hate to admit. It’s no longer running but it would have to be the Torkelson’s.
- What does writing mean to you? (yes, I’m stealing it from Shari. Deal).
For me, writing means that I’m alive. I’m healing. I’m striving towards a daily goal. It keeps me from giving up.
My questions to be answered:
- What was your monster under the bed or in the closet growing up?
- What is one thing you wish you could make right?
- What fairy tale would you like to see made into a movie?
- Would you rather swim in a lake or ocean?
- If you could change one thing about mainstream media, what would it be?
- Do you have a green thumb?
- What would you bring to a birthday party for someone you didn’t know?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- What is your favorite black and white movie?
- How do you define good character?
- What movie made you unexpectedly cry?
Remeber you are not obligated to participate but if you do, have some fun.