When I started this blog I was in a bad place in my life. I realized I need to stop living in my past and come to terms that the past lives within me. And that isn’t always a bad thing, it’s something that I can learn and grow from but hopefully along the way help, encourage, and inspire others. I have read some great writing stories both fictional and nonfictional and view some amazing art. There are so many talented individuals and all are uniquely awesome. I can’t thank the readers, writers, and artists enough for the encouragement Y’all (showing Southern roots) give.
With that being said, The Creative PTSD Gal was nominated for the Liebster Award (insert jumping up and down, screaming school girls image here). She is a blogger that I believe is one of the bravest I’ve read. She encourages other’s and has a wit about her writing that is relatable in one way or another. So, please visit This-door-is-alarmed, kick off your shoes and read for a while.
THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD 2018 (as seen on The Global Aussie)
The rules are:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award logo.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger sets you.
- Nominate blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let your nominees know about their nomination!
So here it goes:
- What is your favorite thing beginning with the letter ‘s’?
My favorite thing that begins with ‘S’ would have to be sleep. I know that sounds common but for a C-PTSD woman with insomnia, it’s a luxury at times.
- What is your quirk?
I have so many but I think the one that I’m even mindful of is quoting movies during serious conversations. Someone would say a phrase that had to do with a quote and I would in turn finish with a movie quote.
- Of the blogs you follow, which is your favorite and why (please leave a reference to their site)?
This is a tough one since I enjoy so many for many personal reasons. Discovering Your Happiness. I can relate to so much of the information. It doesn’t feel like other mindful mental blogs I read.
- What five things do you hope to accomplish in the next five years?
1-Self publish a successful collection of short stories
2-Write a novel during NaNo month
3-Bake a perfect loaf of white bread (I’m not a baker FYI)
4-Be able to work from home writing and painting
5-Encourage someone to follow their dreams
- If I was reading a book, with you as the main character, how would the author describe you?
Average brunette female with a little sass and a giving heart. Doesn’t quit but will slow down when needed. She is adventurous but stays close to home for safety. The mother figure when you need comfort and a friend when you need honesty.
- What do you wish you could change about yourself?
Years ago I would have changed so much including experiences or regrets but now I wouldn’t change anything. I’m afraid if I did I would be the same person with a will that doesn’t quit.
- Which one famous person (real or fictional) would you like to meet and what would say or ask?
This is a no-brainer and let me geek out for a minute of all things 80’s making a comeback (wearing chucks right now). I’m a huge fan of Stranger Things. I would tell Eleven it’s ok to be a kid and to let Hopper help guide her. I would tell Joyce, ‘Awesome for seeing your ex as the ass he is and sending him to the curb. You’re an awesome single mom and don’t doubt your capabilities and to also act as a good mother figure in El’s life.
- If you could have a super-power, what would it be?
My super-power of choice would have to be writing without grammatical errors. If there is an error to be made, I’ll do it with a cape on!
- What are you most proud of?
I most proud of not giving up on me. I came close a couple of times, once to close for comfort but that’s for a different time.
- What is one key thing blogging has taught you?
It has taught me to appreciate everyone’s contribution. To build a community that you’re proud to be a part of. Build up new bloggers and admire the accomplished.
- What question do you wish I had asked you and what is the answer?
What villain character could you sympathize with and why? I would have to say Gemma from Sons of Anarchy. Whatever she did as bad or manipulative as it was at the root of it she did care about her family.
My Questions (it’s going to be ok)
- What villain character could you sympathize with and why?
- What vintage piece of clothing would you like to bring back and why?
- You’re are playing the leading role in a major film, what is the title and who is your character?
- When is the one time you trusted your instincts and they were right?
- What would you like to gain from your blogging experience?
- What is your go-to comfort food?
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings
- What book have you read more than once?
- Coffee or tea?
- Where do you find inspiration when you are stuck?
- What is the one holiday you go all out for?
Thanks for reading 🙂 I look forward to reading everyone’s responses!