With it being the first day of March it has a renewing quality. I have read a lot of the blogs that I follow do a monthly recap. So much has happened in a month and so much I have forgotten (wish I didn’t) that I can’t do a true recap.But I do have this:
Goals (so far)
- I haven’t had a cigarette in almost a full 2 months
- Have been writing daily, submitted a piece of writing for a blog
- Participated in Discovery’s Daily Post (need to do that more often)
- Started playing with watercolors more, picked up a daily doodle habit (hoping to keep that going)
- Keeping up with my reading journal
- Trying new watercolor techniques/painting more
I have a short story in the works and had to look up what constitutes a short story (referring to word counts) and I can stop but I need probably another 1000 words to bring it to an end. I started reading Macbeth and I have to re-read a scene at least twice. But the first act inspired a watercolor painting. I used non-traditional colors for the toad, highlighted with white ink (thanks for the advice guys) and Indian Ink (with a toothpick and brush..thanks for the tips). I tried catching personality and mysticism of the creature and almost achieved what I had envisioned.
I have learned so much from the blogging community and appreciate the wealth of knowledge that these talented individuals offer. I wanted to tell my readers “thank you.” I wanted time to write, update my reading journal, and paint that my husband offered to cook dinner. Even though it was pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon it was awesome that he stepped up to give me the time that I need.
So here’s to another month of me proving to myself that I got this. If I want to make hair-brained goals it’s ok and it’s ok if I fail just as long as I keep trying.